Salon “Stay Cool”
Pavilion must be something Hong Kong people are so familiar with, from its look to its culture. Living in the 21st century, most of us enjoy the virtual or digital world more than anything. The great time under a pavilion become the good old days. However, designers are so eager to revive this social habit so as to preserve predecessors’ wisdom and culture value. Hence, CFT has invited a design guru who is a fan of pavilion and a representative of a group advocating the use of public space on this panel to share their views on recreating pavilion culture. Do join us for this thought-provoking sharing session with us.
"Pavilion Culture Recreated in Hong Kong"
Stanley Wong (Internationally renowned designer, aka anothermountainman)
Caroline Chan, Think Tank Director, Hong Kong Public Space Initiative
The salon will be cancelled if any typhoon signal, red or black rainstorm warning signal is hoisted and still effective at 11am on 9 Dec 2017.
- 0DESIGN EXHIBITION “HOT IS COOL: A CULTURAL DIALOGUE BETWEEN FINLAND AND HONG KONG”08/12/2017 - 13/12/2017
- 0Opening Forum “How Public Space Design can enhance Social Lifestyle”08/12/2017
- 0PAPER BIRDS INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP09/12/2017 - 10/12/2017
- 0Sauna Experience09/12/2017 - 13/12/2017
- 0Sauna Visit09/12/2017 - 13/12/2017
- 0Salon “Stay Cool”09/12/2017
- 0Salon “Finnish Inspirations”09/12/2017
- 0“Read-alone, Sing-along”10/12/2017
1:30pm - 2:30pm Hong Kong Cultural Centre Piazza 10 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong